Housing

Big Lakes County Housing

Big Lakes County is ripe with opportunity in the housing market. Approximately 80 per cent of the housing in the County is single-detached housing while the other 20 per cent is mobile housing. Overall, the average dwelling value in Big Lakes County is $246,340 and the average rent is $767.00 a month.


Housing Data

Average Dwelling Value

Average Dwelling Value

Household Ownership vs Rental

Household Ownership vs Rental

Average Monthly Rent Costs

Average Monthly Rent Costs



Accommodation

Resorts and Campgrounds

Big Lakes County Resorts and Campgrounds

Whether you’re looking for lakeside accommodation or another location to park your RV, pitch a tent, or rent a cabin, visit the Alberta Campground Guide. There, you can find your ideal camp site using an interactive map or you can search the many options available in our area.

Here is an alphabetical list of the resorts and campgrounds located in Big Lakes County:

  • Bayshore Resort (Faust)
  • Cattail Cabins and RV Park (Faust)
  • Elks RV Parks (High Prairie)
  • Hill & Hollow Campground
  • Hilliard’s Bay Provincial Park
  • Ladyhawk Cabins
  • Lakeshore Campground (Joussard)
  • Reel In Resort
  • Shadow Creek Resort (Joussard)
  • Shaw’s Point Resort
  • Snipe Lake RV Resort
  • Spruce Point Park Campground and Marina (Kinuso)
  • Strawberry Fields Campground
  • Wheel Inn RV (Enilda)
  • White Sands Campground (Joussard)
  • Winagami Lake Provincial Park


Hotels, B&B, and Air BnB

Hotels are located in towns of High Prairie and Swan Hills, and in the hamlet of Kinuso. There is also a B & B in the hamlet of Joussard, along Lesser Slave Lake.

Town of High Prairie Hotels/Motels

Town of Swan Hills Hotels/Motels

Joussard B&B



Buy Your Own Lot or Cabin

Contact a real estate agent and make that dream come true! There are many options along our lakes to meet your desired lifestyle.

Royal LePage PVR Realty Inc

5004 53 Ave, High Prairie
 1-780-523-4001

Century 21 Sunnyside Realty

4901 52 Ave, High Prairie
 1-780-536-0021

Re Max High Prairie Realty

5119 48 St, High Prairie
 1-780-523-4488